Travel: Sevilla

by - 12:29 AM

The wanderlust has been hitting me hard lately, which clearly means I should finally finish up the travel series I started last summer (edit: two summers ago) with my trip to Spain.


Obviously, it's been a while, and I will never be able to remember the names of the restaurants we went to, try as I might. However, I still remember what we saw and did, and still have tons of photos to share, so hopefully this post might be helpful, even if it is three quarters of a year (edit: nearly two years) late.


This is a photo taken inside the hotel we stayed at in Sevilla, called Las Casas de la Judería. As you can probably guess from the name, it was located in the Jewish Quarter of Sevilla, and it was one of the coolest hotels I've ever stayed at; it was filled with underground passages and private courtyards, creating a beautiful and slightly mysterious atmosphere. Here's a view from the balcony outside our room.



We also got lost.

The Royal Alcazar was my favorite thing we saw in Sevilla, and also possibly my favorite thing we saw in Spain. It was filled with glorious gardens and beautiful architecture. Just look at the pictures.

































We also had the chance to see some truly stunning flamenco dancing at one of the premier flamenco rooms. Unfortunately, there are no great photos as dancers do, in fact, tend to be in motion when they perform. 

(While staying in Sevilla, we also took day trips to Granada, to see the Alhambra, and Córdoba, to see the Mezquita and the Sinagoga. Both cities and all three sites were beautiful, and I already have too many photos in this post so I will stick with my original plan to make Córdoba and Granada a separate post.)

On our last day in Sevilla, we finally went to the cathedral. My whole family at this point was bit sick of all the cathedrals we'd seen, so we weren't exactly excited to go, but we knew we probably should. Ultimately, we were very, very glad we did, as it ended up being the most beautiful of all the cathedrals we saw. I'm not one to typically feel the holiness of those sites (though I can appreciate the beauty), but in this one, I felt it. Deeply.
















The elephant in the room is obviously that this post is nearly two years overdue, and I started the draft for it over a year ago, but I'm back now and committing for real. I'm making a pact with myself to write a post every morning when I get up, even if it's about something silly, like a dream I had. I feel like my life is finally coming together and going the way I want it to, and I really do think the blogging will stick this time because of it.

Much love (and happy St. Patrick's Day),
Rachel Shoshanna






You May Also Like

0 comments