Things I’m Loving This Fall

by - 1:29 PM

I thought as a nice, casual return to blogging, a roundup of my favorite things this fall would fit the bill. Below, I’ve curated some of the best fashion and beauty finds that have recently come into my life, as well as some TV picks that I’ve been enjoying recently. Enjoy!

   

     









Jacket - Topshop, ages ago; sweater - Land's Endpants - Madewellboots - Sam Edelmanscarf - made by me! (yarn from Michael's)



Face - NYX HD Concealer (Fair), Bourjois Healthy Mix Powder (52 Vanille), Kevyn Aucoin Sculpting Powder (Medium), Inglot blush (30), Essence Pure Nude HighlightEyes - Tartlette Toasted Palette, Lancôme Monsieur Big mascaraLip - Milani Amore Matte Lip Cream in Striking and Wet n' Wild Lipstick in Dark Wine             








As you may or may not be able to tell from the photos, my favorite beauty trend at the moment is big lashes and a bold lip, with really fresh and natural skin. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy drama in my makeup when the situation calls for it, but most days, I let my skin breathe by just using concealer where I need it and a light dusting of powder. I like my drama to be in the eyes and lips. Clearly.

Reviews.com kindly sent me an extremely thorough guide to share with you about picking the right mascara for you to achieve a statement lash look. My favorite on the list is the Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes 4-in-1, and, seeing as my current mascara fave is another Lancôme mascara (the Monsieur Big listed above), I’d say the Lancôme Definicils is another safe bet - Lancôme is kind of known for really taking care with their mascara formulas and wands, so everyone can find a mascara that works for them. If you’re looking for more budget friendly options, my favorite drugstore ones are the L’Oreal Lash Paradise and the L’Oreal Telescopic mascaras. The Lash Paradise is great for both lengthening and voluminizing, and the Telescopic is perfect for those of you looking for some extra length.

Moving on from the fashion/beauty side of things, I have quite a few TV favorites. Of the things that actually started streaming this fall, I would be remiss if I didn't mention Stranger Things 2. While I think that narratively, it wasn't quite as tight as the first season was, I still really enjoyed it and the new characters (minus Billy. Gag me.) (Justice for Bob!) Also, though it's not exactly a new show, the US Netflix recently added the Australian Zumbo's Just Desserts to their lineup, and it's a trippy, fun, very delicious baking competition show that's worth watching for the overdramatic cinematography alone.

I also know that I'm very late on this train, but I finally watched Big Little Lies about a month ago, and let me tell you. It was easily one of the best television shows I've ever seen in my life. I just started reading the book, too, so we'll see how the two compare.

Music I'm enjoying right now that's new, or at least new to me, is reputation, the new Taylor album, and Kacey Musgraves. I'm also having a good time listening to some old favorites, like The Lone Bellow and Fleetwood Mac.

As far as fun things to do goes, there are two truly incredible exhibits open at the Metropolitan Museum of Art right now that anyone who is in NYC should try to go see. One of them is a Michelangelo and contemporaries exhibition, and the other is a David Hockney exhibition. It would be well worth your time to go check those out. Here are a few postcards I got of my faves from the David Hockney gift shop, as well as some photos I took in the Michelangelo showing.












As a bonus, I just saw the new Thor movie and had a blast. 5/5, would see again, for sure.

I think I'll leave this post here, before it gets too long. Hopefully you found some wardrobe or beauty inspiration going into the winter, and if you haven't already seen the shows or exhibits I mentioned, then you should, uh. Get on that.

I hope everyone's fall has been treating them well! Until next time 😊



You May Also Like

0 comments