Top 10 Avril Lavigne Songs That Are Still Jams (+ 5 Underrated B-sides)

by - 3:47 PM





Full disclosure: The very first album I bought with my own money was Avril Lavigne's Let Go in the fourth grade. I have nearly her entire discography, minus her most recent album, in my iTunes. In fact, I was listening to it on shuffle today, which was what inspired me to write this list in the first place.

You should also know that this list is (mostly) not ironic, and also mostly more upbeat, shout-along-in-your-car songs, rather than ballads. Otherwise this list would be way too long. Happy listening!

Top 10 Avril Songs That Are Still Total Jams

10. Runaway, The Best Damn Thing

Apparently people disagree with me on this one, but too bad. I love it.

9. The Best Damn Thing, The Best Damn Thing

Similar to Girlfriend, but better.

8. What The Hell, Goodbye Lullaby

Honestly the perfect fuck it song.

7. Smile, Goodbye Lullaby

Tbh, I went to get the link for the music video for this one and sat there and watched the whole thing at 12:42 am because I love it so much.

6. He Wasn't, Under My Skin

Honestly the perfect fuck you song.

5. Who Knows, Under My Skin

It's a jam but also super inspiring, so therefore it's the perfect song.

4. My World, Let Go

It's just fun, idk.

3. Things I'll Never Say, Let Go

A gem. A favorite since the wee age of 9. I Love it.

2. Sk8er Boi, Let Go

Can I make it any more obvious?

1. Complicated, Let Go

Ah, that iconic music video dialogue. Even so, still the greatest song she's ever released.


Now that the fun, nostalgic part of the post is over, I'm gonna direct to some of her lesser known b-sides, that I love because they're actually fantastic songs. Most of the songs above were, too, but these are a little more ~artistic~, if you will. Enjoy!


Top 5 Avril B-Sides

5. Take Me Away

Honestly I much prefer this one to the official Take Me Away on Under My Skin (that one's still good though).

4. Once and For Real

I'm just gonna leave these songs without explanation from now, because it's hard enough to narrow down my favorites from this batch without figuring out exactly why I like them so much. Sorry.

3. Move Your Little Self On

2. All You Will Never Know

1. Why

Here's a handy dandy link to literally all of her b-sides. It was really hard for me to pick these five because I legit love them all a lot.

I hope this was a fun throwback, and that you maybe found some new songs that you really like. Avril 4ever.

Much love,
Rachel Shoshanna





You May Also Like

0 comments