DIY: Lip Exfoliator

by - 3:36 PM

Back with another post for you all!

So I have a problem: my lips get dry and cracked easily and I have never found a lip balm or chapstick that can prevent it from happening well enough, which can make wearing matte and/or liquid lipsticks a real pain. I mean, I do it anyway, but sometimes it's a struggle. 

I have another problem: good lip exfoliators can cost a lot of money. And that's just something I'm not willing to spend $25 on when I can make one that works just as well with things I already have in my house.

Step 1

Make yourself a refreshing drink. Stay hydrated, people!




Step 2

Obtain all the ingredients you need, plus a container to make/store the exfoliator in. You need honey, olive oil, brown sugar (it's coarser than white sugar), kosher salt (also coarser than the regular stuff), and a spoon to mix everything together.



Step 3


Put honey in the container, according to how much of this shiz you want to make.



Step 4

Add a bit of olive oil and mix thoroughly, so the oil doesn't settle.



Step 5

Drop in that brown sugar, to your preference of how scrubby you want it to be, and mix. I like mine scrubbier so I put a LOT in.


Step 6

Put in that salt, same as above. I don't put as much in as I do the brown sugar because I like how brown sugar tastes better, but to each their own.



Step 7

Make sure it's all mixed together. Ta-da!


You can always fix it as you go along, if you don't think there's enough sugar or salt or whatever. I definitely added more honey and sugar than other people might. It's not like you'll be eating it, so make it however you think it'll work best with your lips first and your tastebuds second.

And here are the steps for use, the way I think this works best.

Step 1

Slap some on those lips of yours.


Step 2

Let it sit for 3 to 5 minutes, just so the honey and oil can work some of their moisturizing magic.



Step 3

Massage it all over lips for about 1 to 2 minutes, making sure you get everywhere evenly (After all this effort, I managed to miss a spot).

Step 4

Wash it off and put on the lipstick of your choice! Normally I would put on some serious lip color but I decided to give my lips a rest and some extra moisture today, so I used my new sample size of Tarte's LipSurgence Lip Tint in Sweet. 


So that's it for today, guys! I hope this was helpful for my fellow dry, cracked lip people.

Much love,
Rachel Shoshanna


Eyes: L'Oréal Telescopic Mascara in Original Black, Anastasia Brow Wiz Pencil in Taupe and Benefit Gimme Brow in Light/Medium
Nails: Sally Hansen Pat on the Black




You May Also Like

0 comments